Back pain - the problem is widespread and urgent. Through all of life, occasionally the pain occurs in 75-85% of the population, regardless of gender. Most often, the episode is transient, that do not need specialised treatment, but in 4-5% of cases the pain syndrome may indicate a dangerous disease. When it hurts the right side of the rear, it is advisable to seek medical attention immediately - this will help you to avoid serious complications and maintain health.
Sore right side from the rear - the main causes
Pain in right side - the unpleasant symptom always points to a violation of the functioning of the body so to ignore this is foolish. If it hurts on the right side from behind, it can signal about diseases of the biliary tract, ureter and right kidney, head of pancreas, liver, female reproductive system.
- Diseases of the heart and circulatory system:
Disorders of the digestive system:
- pericarditis. Accompanied by pain of varying intensity, gradually increasing at the shoulder and the neck;
- small focal infarction of the posterior wall infarction, angina pectoris;
- aneurysm of the aorta. Pain syndrome moderate/severe, alternates with "shot" in the chest and left shoulder.
Pathology of the muscular-skeletal system:
- acute cholecystitis. Is the pain on the right side of the back radiating to the chest, on the right half of the sternum, right shoulder, occurring on the background of fever, nausea, vomiting;
- of acute pancreatitis. Characterized by sudden pain in the epigastrium, extending to the shoulder girdle, the chest, the heart.
Diseases of the respiratory system:
- lumbar degenerative disc disease. Back pain burning, causing temporary immobility in the lumbar region. Increases with sneezing, coughing, uncomfortable position;
- osteomyelitis. Pulling is manifested by pain in the right side, which indicates the presence of purulent-necrotic damage;
- damage to the lower part of the spine, inflammatory/degenerative processes in the lower part of the back;
- malignant neoplasms/benign in nature;
- stretching the back muscles. Cause: sudden movements, heavy lifting, bad fits, poor posture, overweight. Typical symptoms: pain in the lower back to the right, stiffness, inability to bend freely.
Diseases of the spinal cord/peripheral nervous system. Pain projection at the distal distribution of the. The most common cause is pinching of the sciatic nerve (sciatica), which causes severe pain in the right side at the back, often radiating to the leg.
- pneumonia (RH). It is characterized by mild pain on the right back above the waist, increasing during the cough and deep breathing, along with the wheezing in the lungs, cough, fever;
- cancer of the lungs/bronchi. The intensity of the pain on the right side directly depends on the localization and the location of the tumor.
Pain right side of back above waist
The most likely causes in women - abnormalities in the gynecological area (disorders of the right ovary, a tumor), in men the initial phase of prostatitis. If it hurts the right side and lower back, this can mean, hepatomegaly, pyelonephritis or severe injury.
Painful the right side of the rear - intensity and character of pain:
- of spasm. Causes contraction of the muscles of hollow organs (gallbladder, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, bladder);
- rise. Indicates the presence of inflammation;
- shooting. There are problems with the nervous system/spinal cord;
- permanent. Indicates the stretching membrane of the parenchymal structures (kidney, lung, pancreas, liver);
- sharp. Signals the rupture of the organ education, internal bleeding, occlusion of blood vessels;
- pain, boring, pulling, short, long.
Painful the right side of the rear - when you need urgent help:
- sudden, searing, do not respond to analgesics pain on the right side;
- sharp pain under the ribs;
- sharp pain on the right back, accompanied by dizziness, General weakness, loss of consciousness.
If you are constantly on the painful right side from the rear, should consult with the therapist and determine the real cause of this situation. Depending on the characteristics of the pain, you can request a verification of the individual specialists: traumatologist, urologist, gynecologist, surgeon, nephrologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist.